Little Feet

Take steps, take actions.
-Talisa Noor-

Monday, April 9, 2012

Demonstration: "Afterglow"

A demonstration in front of House of Representative building was over. And what's left? An unspeakable  pain, seeing the destruction perpetrated by people who claimed to "care" with the country.


Do they know how much it cost to rebuild these? Do they know that this renovation would use citizens' money?
Not to mention the cost for the armed force, the tear gas, and cost for people's fuel for the traffic jam the demonstrators made, and also cost of cleaning the garbage they litter during and after the demonstration...

(By the way, is this demonstration really necessary? A simple logic: Since elementary school we learned that fuel is non-renewable. The supply will be lesser and finally we'll be running out of fuel someday. We will face a huge oil price increasing someday when the oil supply is very very rare. How would we prepare for that? Why don't we try to use alternative energy or at least try to lessen our fuel consumption? And how would you expect that to happen if we still have a very cheap oil?)


Yeah. You're reading it right. "Sosialme" now.


Some citizens took picture in front of demonstration site. (Sorry for my bad picture quality)

I'm just tired of demonstration. People power? Oh well. It will be okay if it's really for something good. But this fuel price demonstration? I find it nonsense. Try to learn economics and you'll know why.

2 comments:

Tanaya said...

I'm glad some people like you, Tasa, have made an objective article seeking the other perspective that may be considered "unpopular" by the majority, but in fact, so true. I wish I could see the damage there for myself, I'd be really annoyed though, in support towards the tone you have used in your post.
I hope the society will think it through better. I don't think they have to learn advanced economics, they just have to use honest-to-goodness commonsense.
Anyway, nice post, Tasa!

Talisa Noor said...

thanks, mbak :) this post is a bit too emotional.
and yes I agree with you, to support government, though we don't learn advanced economics, we can simply use a common sense and be calm.
anyhow, since economics surrounds our life and becomes the factor of our decision making, I believe it is good if people could at least understand basic economics. It'll make them become more understanding and thus become a better citizen. That's just my opinion :)